Monday, October 31, 2016

Massing Development


Here is my second massing development.







For this massing I decided to represent the organic movement in between the gate like structures with sharp undulating forms.

Like the first iteration the red components represents the vertical elements found in my study models and the gray components represent a connection to these vertical planes. The purple component represents the theater space and this space sticks out of the massing to emphasize its importance as the focal point of the building.



I also changed the orientation of the vertical planes to align with the Brooklyn Heights grid in doing so I was able to create to entrances/exits that are more accessible for the Downtown Brooklyn and Brooklyn Heights communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment