Thursday, October 6, 2016

Assignment 8 Concept Models Based On Collages


Impression Of Site

Here are my models based on my impression of the site collage.



 

For this model I thought about my first person perspective of my collage and tired to visualize how I wanted the space to work. The entry and exits would be a small, narrow space building up to a larger space in the center which would be a the focal point of the space.


 

For this model I had a similar thought process to the first model but wanted to establish a connection with the space created.


 

In this model the vertical elements represent the urban context as seen in my collage and the wire mesh represents the forest. The horizontal elements represent the circulation through the space, the circulation gradually gets smaller as you go up.


Program

These models are based on my program collage.




 

In this model  I thought about the seats of the auditorium found in my collage.


 

This model represents the sounds and notes of music as seen in my collage and how they move through space.


 

This model represents the movement and circulation of the dancers in my collage.


Strand

The following models are based on my strand collage.


 

This model represents strand by establishing a diagonal connection. A strand is a connection between spaces and that connection doesn't have to be orthogonal, in this case it is diagonal.


 

In this model I thought about beginning, middle and end which is represented by the vertical elements and how the strand represented by the wire mesh moves through them.


 

This time I thought about how a connection can travel in a different way from what I have previously done. I came up with the idea of the connection intertwining with itself, warping around and returning.





1 comment:

  1. Hello Kyle,

    My name is Emanuela and I have been assigned to be your mentor - Looking forward to see further work from yourself and hopefully I can be of some help -

    Kind Regards
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete